The news is by your side.

As rumours swell, Mohammad Amir clarifies retirement stance

0 130

ISLAMABAD: Pakistani pacer Mohammad Amir has confirmed that he will be available for selection in the cricket team after the departure of the current team management.

Taking to Twitter on Monday, Amir requested media and fans to refrain from spreading rumours about his retirement.

“I would like to clarify that yes I will be available for Pakistan only once this management leaves. so please stop spreading fake news just to sell your story,” Amir tweeted.

His response came a day following reports that Amir was reconsidering his decision to retire from international cricket.

In a shocking decision last month, Amir quit the game, blaming head coach Misbah ul Haq and bowling coach Waqar Younis for his decision.

The pacer said he was being treated in a “shabby” manner and “mentally tortured” by his team’s management.

The 28-year-old, who had already retired from Tests, was not selected in the 35-member squad for the New Zealand series last month and was also overlooked for the home series against Zimbabwe.

“I don’t want to play international cricket any more,” Amir, who has previously been banned for spot-fixing, told AFP news agency.

“I was always available for white-ball cricket but I have had shabby treatment from the team management who have mentally tortured me, and that’s unacceptable.”

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) confirmed Amir’s decision in a press release.

“PCB chief executive Wasim Khan spoke with Amir this afternoon who confirmed that he has no desires or intentions of playing international cricket and, as such, he should not be considered for future international matches,” a PCB release said on Thursday.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.