Chinese man shot in Karachi, BLA claims responsibility
KARACHI: A spokesperson of the Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) on Thursday accepted responsibility for the attack on a Chinese person in the city’s SITE area.
The Chinese man was shot by an unidentified person on a motorcycle in SITE on Wednesday. He was rushed to the hospital, after which authorities said he was safe.
The Chinese man had been travelling in a car to SITE where, as per media reports, he was supposed to work on an imported machinery. Another Chinese man and the driver, who were in the same car, remained unhurt in the incident.
Late in the evening Counter-Terrorism Department’s senior official Raja Umar Khattab said that the banned Balochistan Liberation Front’s spokesperson ‘Major’ Gohram through social media has claimed responsibility for the armed attack.
The foreigners were without security guards as they were not associated with any government project.
Teh car was on its way from Defence to SITE and had arrived at the Gulbai area when a masked person fired shots at the car. The foreigner, identified as Yuan Chang Feng, sitting in the back seat, suffered four bullet wounds on different parts of his body while his other colleague, who was sitting next to the driver, remained safe.
The injured person was rushed to the Dr Ruth Pfau Civil Hospital for medical treatment where his condition was said to be out of danger.