The news is by your side.

Karachi boy dies after consuming sweet meant to kill stray dogs


A Karachi boy was killed accidentally Tuesday when he unknowingly ate a poisoned sweet that was meant to kill dogs in the city’s Korangi area.

Local media reports state that a two-year-old child died while a few others were hospitalised after eating the poisonous sweets that were meant for stray dogs.

Media reports say the incident took place in the Christian Colony area of Korangi Town on Monday night when a woman and five other people were moved to a hospital after their condition deteriorated after eating poisonous sweets.

An employee of the District Municipal Corporation reportedly prepared the poisonous sweets and kept them in the side section of the motorcycle.

The deceased child, Moon, took the sweets to his home where an entire family consumed them. Police said that the family members of Tariq Maseeh were taken to the hospital where the boy died while the other persons are being treated.

Karachi Administrator Murtaza Wahab has taken notice of the death and instructed the law enforcers to start a probe while PTI leader Raja Izhar also visited the family and extended his condolences to them.

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.